Israel bombs Hezbollah sites in Lebanon after shooting at its forces, and the Supreme Council for Defense in Lebanon assigns the Minister of Foreign Affairs to submit a complaint to the United Nations.

The IDF announced on Wednesday morning that its forces bombed Hezbollah observation points near the border with Lebanon in response to the shooting they targeted at night, while Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed a “strong” response in the event of new attacks from Lebanon.

The army said in a tweet on Twitter that “during operational activity in northern Israel Tuesday night, Israeli soldiers were targeted with gunfire. 

We responded with fire, and our planes bombed Hezbollah checkpoints near the border”.

“This is a dangerous event, and we are always ready to fight any threat to our borders,” he added, without referring to any casualties, stressing that he “holds the Lebanese government responsible for what happens on its territory”.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced Wednesday that Israel views the escalation with “great danger”.

“We will respond strongly to any attack against us,” he said in a statement, stressing, “I advise Hezbollah not to test Israel’s strength”.

And he added, “Hezbollah is once again endangering Lebanon because of its aggression”.

In Lebanon, the Supreme Defense Council condemned the “Israeli aggression”, and announced that it was “tasking the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates to submit a complaint to the Security Council”.

In a statement, the Lebanese Army Command confirmed the targeting of “helicopters belonging to the Israeli enemy… centers belonging to the (Green Without Borders) Environmental Association within the Lebanese territory”.

The army indicated that “three rockets were fired in the outlying areas of Ramia town and eight rockets were fired in the outlying area of ​​Aita al Shaab town, and two rockets were fired from inside the Tal Raheb site… and a center in Aitaroun reserve led to the outbreak of a fire”.

According to the statement, “the Israeli enemy fired 117 flare shells and about 100 shells, some of them explosive and the other phosphorous… on the same night, causing fires in the bush and material damage”.

The army also confirmed that “dozens of explosions were heard inside the occupied Shebaa Farms”.

On Tuesday evening, an AFP photographer heard the sound of rocket-propelled grenades. 

He pointed out that flare bombs fell near civilian homes in the village of al Hula, so he crossed the border, but some of them did not explode.

A resident of Houla, Hussein Hegazy, confirmed to France Press that he was at home with his family when a flare bomb fell outside his home”.

There was a shelling of the area,” he says, “one of the shells fell on us, but it did not explode”.

In neighboring Meiss al Jabal, an AFP photographer spotted corroding flares of flares spread out in a field.

“The shells started falling randomly around the house, causing a fire,” said one of the residents, requesting anonymity.

Wearing a black mask covering his face, he pointed to Israel, saying, “They bombed the outskirts of the area… for more than two hours while they were hitting shells for no reason”.

“Nobody accepts this… this is the biggest aggression,” he added.

The IDF announced on Tuesday night that there had been a “security incident” in the north of the Hebrew state on the border with Lebanon, as a result of which it launched flare bombs in the sky of the border area.

The IDF said in a message to reporters on Tuesday night, Wednesday, that “a security incident is taking place in the al Manara area near the Blue Line,” which stands for the border line between the Hebrew state and Lebanon, noting that “a number of roads in the area were closed”.

The army also called on residents of five border towns to “stay at home”.

Sources, speaking on condition of anonymity, told France Press that what happened was “shooting from Lebanon” towards Israel.

And calm has returned to the community of Manara on the border with Lebanon, according to an AFP photographer.

This escalation comes after the Lebanese Hezbollah announced last weekend that it had shot down an Israeli fighters that had penetrated Lebanese airspace.

Lebanon and Israel are officially at war. 

In 2006 Lebanon witnessed a bloody war between Israel and Hezbollah that lasted 33 days, during which 1,200 people were killed in Lebanon, most of them civilians, and 160 Israelis, most of them soldiers.

On July 27, the Israeli army announced that it had waged “fighting” on the border with Lebanon after thwarting an attempt to infiltrate a “terrorist cell” across the border.

Hezbollah denied that it had engaged in any clash with the Israeli side, as well as reports of foiling an infiltration attempt by its members.

Israel subsequently reduced the deployment of its forces, which had been boosted earlier.

About 10,500 personnel from the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) monitor the Lebanese-Israeli borders and implement Resolution 1701 issued by the Security Council after the war between Israel and Hezbollah, in order to prevent the outbreak of a new conflict.

Last week, with the approaching renewal of this force’s mission, expected on Friday, Israel called for reform and accused it of “bias and incompetence”.

However, the Lebanese Foreign Minister in the caretaker government, Charbel Wehbe, confirmed Tuesday his country’s opposition to any amendment of the mandate and the number of the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon.

On a second front, the Israeli warplanes bombed, on Wednesday, one of the infrastructure points of Hamas in the Gaza Strip, in response to the launching of incendiary balloons and missiles at the Jewish state.

The IDF said in a statement that “warplanes and others raided the underground infrastructure of the Hamas organization in the southern Gaza Strip”.

A security source in Hamas confirmed the Israeli bombing, which targeted “a control point belonging to the resistance and agricultural lands east of Han Yunis, a site of damage in the agricultural area,” explaining that “we did not report any casualties”.

Since the sixth of August, Israel has launched intermittent bombardment operations in response to the launch of incendiary balloons and rockets at it.