The French government decided on Saturday to extend the health emergency imposed to combat the emerging corona virus for two months until July 24, according to Health Minister Olivier Ferrand.
A draft law discussed by the Council of Ministers on Saturday and will be referred to Parliament on Monday stated that the state of emergency that started on March 24 has been extended because lifting it on May 23 will be “premature” and because “it became clear that the risk of a pandemic spreading again” could happen “in If the procedures in force are lifted suddenly.
The project made clear, in particular, the quarantine conditions for individuals arriving in France who were infected with the virus.
He also mentioned the implementation of a “information system” that includes sick people and their surroundings for a period not exceeding one year.
This order aims to “strengthen the legal framework” and “expand it to include the challenges of lifting isolation,” which is scheduled to start on May 11, according to Ferrand, after the cabinet session.
“We have to live with it for a certain period of time,” he added.
In the same context, Interior Minister Christophe Castaner said that “learning to live with the virus is a challenge for the coming months”.
The new Coronavirus has killed 24,594 people in France, according to the latest official count Friday evening.
One the other hand, Italy announced on Saturday the death of 474 people, which is the highest number of deaths recorded in 24 hours since April 21, a rise in interpretation due to the April deaths that were not included in the outcome.
There were no 282 deaths reported last month, except Saturday, by the Lombardy authorities, as this area in northern Italy has been declared the most affected by the epidemic.
They are people who died outside the hospitals.
As Italy began to gradually reduce isolation on Monday, it seems that the positive pathway of the epidemic continues because without these 282 deaths, which had not previously been calculated, the number of deaths in 24 hours would have fallen to less than two hundred (192), which has not happened since March 14.
The total toll has become about 29,000 deaths (28,710) in Coronavirus, Italy, the first country in Europe to be affected by the epidemic, and one of the most affected countries with the United States, Britain, Spain and France.
The positive curve of the course of the epidemic appears to be continuing at the level of cases that are identical to recovery (1665) and the number of patients in hospitals has declined, whether in the traditional departments (17 thousand and 357) or in intensive care (1539), in addition to the decline in the number of those who are counted from the infected (a hundred One thousand and 704), the lowest figure since April 11.
Before the figures were released, Domenico Arcori, the cell official charged with dealing with the epidemic, said Saturday morning, “Please, don’t be lenient,” adding, “Monday begins the second stage.
We have to realize that it will be the beginning of a bigger challenge”.
He cautioned the Italians that the “relative freedom” that would be granted to them on Monday would be reviewed if the epidemic spread again.
“We have to maintain social estrangement, with the highest level of personal hygiene and muffles,” Arkouri added.
We have done our best in our capabilities.
From Monday, it is up to you”.
On the other hand, the Italian press reported Saturday that schools will remain closed until September, but nurseries can reopen in June before launching a new approach to education.
Corriere della Sera newspaper, citing the Ministry of Education project, stated that reopening of nurseries will take place in small groups of 3 to 6 children under the age of six, provided that their temperature is measured at the entrances.
The kids will not wear masks, but the educational staff will wear protective masks.
There are more than 8.5 million Italian youth who have been out of school since the start of the stone blockade in the country on March 10, and due to the lack of computers in the home, many have not been able to pursue distance education programs.
Patricio Bianchi, head of the commission in charge of preparing for the resumption of lessons, told the La Repolica newspaper in September that a revolution would be made in the means of education.
He added that three billion euros will be invested annually over a period of five years to restructure the educational system and develop distance education.
He wants to create a “major digital platform entirely devoted to school education,” adding “this will be the basis of the new approach to education”.